Admission Requirements and Procedures
1. The applicant obtains an application form from the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and pays the application fee for Filipino applicants of P100.
Alternatively, the downloadable version of the Application Form and Recommendation Forms may be printed and the application fees paid upon filing of the application.
2. The applicant fills out and submits the forms together with the other requirements by the deadlines set by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. General application deadlines for SY 2012-2013 are as follows:
Summer - March 9, 2012- for all Departments
First Semester - May 4, 2012 - for all Departments
Second Semester - September 21, 2012 - for all Departments.
3. After the due dates, the applicant may check with the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs or the department/program if slots are still available for admission for that term.
4. Each application form should be accompanied by:
* one (1) photocopy of the filled out form
* two (2) copies of personal essay (the topic is indicated in the application form)
* two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s official transcript of undergraduate and graduate records (if applicable)
* four (4) colored 2” x 2” size ID pictures
* three (3) duly accomplished Recommendation Forms
* two (2) photocopies of birth certificate
* two (2) photocopies of marriage certificate (for married women)
* the testing fee.
5. The applicant is required to take the entrance tests. A list of testing dates is posted by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. The applicant is scheduled for testing after filing the application.
6. Entrance tests are administered by the Ateneo Center for Educational and Psychological Assessment (ACESS) at the Loyola Heights campus. These are usually held on specific dates in the months of January to March for the Summer, March to May for the First Semester, and August to October for the Second Semester.
7. The applicant may be interviewed by the Chair of the Department that offers the graduate degree program. The interview is scheduled after the applicant has filed the application papers and taken the entrance tests.
8. Admission notices are issued by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
9. Registration forms for new students are issued by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
10. The accepted applicant is given one month to submit the following admission credentials:
* Original undergraduate and graduate transcript of records bearing the original signature of the Registrar and
school seal. Transcripts from Philippine schools should contain the notation, “Copy for the Ateneo de Manila
University – Loyola Schools”
* Transfer Credentials/Honorable Dismissal issued by the school where the applicant was last enrolled
effective upon the applicant’s initial enrollment in Graduate Studies
* Special Order Number and Certificate of Graduation (as needed).
Personal Essay Questions for applicants to the Department of Filipino (Kagawaran ng Filipino)
SANAYSAY NA PERSONAL
(Isa hanggang dalawang pahina lamang ang haba, makinilyado sa maikling bond paper, at laktawan)
Sumulat ng isang sanaysay na personal at nagpapahayag ng sumusunod:
a. mga dahilan ng pag-aaral sa antas na gradwado sa panahong ito
b. mga dahilan sa pagpili ng iyong programa ng pag-aaral
c. mga katangiang personal, kakayahan o natatanging kahusayan na sa iyong palagay ay makatutulong sa iyong piniling programa ng pag-aaral
d. mga sagabal o suliranin na maaaring makaharap samantalang nag-aaral
e. ang maiaambag ng edukasyong gradwado sa Ateneo sa iyong propesyon at sa higit na malawak na lipunan.