Special Leave Benefits for Women Employees under the Magna Carta for Women (RA 9710)
All female employees regardless of age and civil status are entitled of two-month leave with full pay based on her gross monthly compensation provided she has complied with the following conditions:
1. She has undergone surgery due to gynecological disorders as certified by competent physician;
2. She has rendered continuous aggregate employment service of at least six (6) months for the last twelve (12) months prior to the surgery;
3. She has filed an application for special leave at least five (5) working days prior to actual date of leave; and
4. She has submitted ‘Admitting Order’ from the physician who is to perform the surgery.
Prior application shall not be necessary in cases requiring emergency surgical operations. Instead, the employee shall notify his/her supervisor or the Human Resources Management Office (HRMO) verbally or in writing within reasonable period of time. After the surgery or recuperation, the female employee must immediately file her application for special leave and submit a certified true copy of the following hospital records:
1. Fit-to-work certification from the physician
2. Operating room record (Operative technique or surgical memorandum)
3. Hospital abstract
4. Discharge summary
5. Histopath report
Gynecological Disorders refer to disorders that would require surgical procedures such as, but not limited to dilatation and curettage and those involving female reproductive organs such as the vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, breast, adnexa and pelvic floor, as certified by a competent physician. Gynecological surgeries shall also include hysterectomy, ovariectomy, and mastectomy.