United Board Regional Scholarships for Faculty Development
The Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) is pleased to announce that applications for the United Board Regional Scholarships for Faculty Development are now being accepted for the academic year 2012-2013. The scholarship is sponsored by the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia (UBCHEA) and is intended for young faculty members who would like to pursue a masteral degree at the Ateneo de Manila on a full-time basis. Please refer to the list below for the available master’s degree programs.
The scholarship will provide tuition fees for the completion of a two-year MA/MS program (non-thesis track), an allowance for food, housing and books. It will also provide a health insurance coverage, roundtrip airfare from country of origin and other miscellaneous travel-related expenses.
Application forms may downloaded at the right side of this website. A hard copy of the completed application forms and requirements should be sent to:
The Office of International Relations
3/F Faber Hall
Ateneo de Manila University,
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Email address: email@example.com
Application deadline: 18 February 2012.
The successful candidates will be notified by March 2012 and will begin their program on the first semester of academic year 2012-2013 (June 11, 2012).
The program will equip the faculty scholar with:
1. A master’s degree (non-thesis track) from the Ateneo
2. Increased English proficiency
3. Critical thinking skills and exposure to interactive pedagogy
4. First-hand experience with a neighbor country and collegial experiences with
other scholars from the region
This scholarship program will start out with young faculty from Asia with the following qualifications:
* Between 20-40 years old;
* Must hold a four-year bachelor’s degree for MA applicants;
* Currently employed as teacher (college level) in a United Board-related
institution in Asia;
* Proof of English Language Proficiency. Preferably a TOEFL score of 550 on the
paper-based test or 213 on the computer-based test. Scores cannot be older
than two years:
* Must return after the program to the same home institution to work for at a
minimum of three years;
* Applicants from schools that are not institutional partners of the United Board
for Christian Higher Education in Asia ARE NOT QUALIFIED.
LIST OF MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
The Loyola Schools offers the following graduate academic programs:
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES
English Language & Literature Teaching*
Literary & Cultural Studies
Literature (Filipino), major in
- Creative Writing
- Teaching Literature
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Science Education, major in
- General Science
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Applied Sociology & Anthropology**
Education, major in
- Basic Education Teaching*
- Educational Administration
- Guidance and Counseling
- Information Technology Integration**
- Reading Education
Political Science, major in
Psychology, concentration in
- Applied Social Psychology*
- Counseling Psychology*
- Developmental Psychology*
* This graduate degree program has thesis and non-thesis options.
** This is a non-thesis no-thesis graduate degree program.
In general, a master’s degree with thesis has an academic requirement of 36 units. Non-thesis programs may have additional courses in lieu of the thesis.
Aside from the above requirements, most graduate programs require comprehensive examinations.
For further questions or inquiries about the scholarship program, please email the Office of International Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org.