Applicable to students who entered the Ateneo SY 2001 onwards
1. Pass Eco 102, SA 21 and PoS 100 with no more than one D for these subjects.
- Obtain an average of 1.50 for Eco 102 and DS 101.
- Obtain an average of 1.50 for SA 21 and DS 101.
- Obtain an average of 1.50 for PoS 100 and DS 102.
2. Pass DS 101 (Perspectives in Development I), DS 102 (Perspectives in Development II), DS 112 (Survey of Social Development Approaches) and DS 130 (Development Management).
- If a student receives a D in DS 101, the student will need to obtain at least an average QPI of 2.00 in DS 112 and DS 130.
- If a student receives a C or higher in DS 101, the student will need to obtain at least an average QPI of 1.5 in DS 112 and DS 130.
- If for any reason, the student takes DS 112, DS 130 and/or DS 102 before taking DS 101, the student needs to
- obtain at least an average of 2.00 in DS 112 and DS 130 or
- obtain a grade of C for DS 102 and obtain at least an average of 1.50 in DS 112 and DS 130.
1. Prospective shiftees who have already taken Economics 102, Political Science 100, and/or Socio-Anthropology 21 must have received a grade of C or higher in these subjects in order to be eligible for shifting into Development Studies.
2. Only subjects for which a student received a grade of C or higher can be credited as DS Electives.
3. If a student has passed a statistics course in any other department, this subject can be credited as DS 122 (Statistics for Social Sciences)
4. Shiftees must process their validation forms immediately upon shifting to the Program.
5. Students who shift into the Program must take all subjects required by the Program for at least one year.
1. DS Major Subjects are non-required DS catalogue subjects or non-DS subjects credited as major subjects by the Program Director.
2. The following subjects may be credited as DS Electives: All non-required subjects from Economics, Sociology-Anthropology and Political Science and the following Management Subjects: Accounting, Finance, Operations Management, Marketing, Strategic Management. Other subjects may be credited at the discretion of the Director.
3. Students are not allowed to take any other subject along with DS 140 (Practicum in Social Development)
4. Students share the responsibility for making sure that they are following a Program of Studies that will culminate in their timely graduation. Students who choose to deviate from the approved Program of Studies will be held responsible for their actions.
5. The Program is not obliged to offer any course not regularly offered for a particular semester.